When transmission of the coronavirus arrived in the early part of 2020, the NHS was already facing the challenges of implementing the wide-ranging NHS Long-term plan (LTP) policy and adjusting to the unpredictable impacts of the end of the negotiated transition period following UK’s exit from the EU.
NHS leaders could have been expected to abandon the LTP policy to focus on the pandemic. Instead, aspects of the LTP have been implemented more rapidly than expected because they were useful in delivering the NHS response.
This new module, available with either a Pharma or MedTech focus, has been developed to support industry to understand the four big areas taking place in the NHS:
- the pandemic response
- the reset
- the recovery
- the NHS Long-term Plan (LTP)
It also looks at the options for engaging with customers in this difficult and complicated period.
The two-part learning module provides a clear and practical summary of what is changing as NHS organisations:
- fine-tune their response to the covid-19 pandemic
- capitalise on progress made during the pandemic (the reset)
- deliver policies designed to deal with backlogs in elective care (the recovery)
- implement the wide-ranging reforms outlined in the LTP strategy document
By studying this module you will understand:
- the impact of the pandemic and how reset and recovery are being implemented
- what the 2020 Spending Review means for the NHS and industry
- how the pandemic response has impacted on systems and the roll-out of the NHS Long-term Plan
- changes to care pathways
The module forms part of our NHS in England: Structure and Planning course, which also covers Primary Care Networks, STPs and ICSs in the English NHS and the NHS Long-term Plan – to find out more about the course, and how the Digital Learning Academy’s expert online training can help improve your NHS partnerships, simply enquire below.