On Tuesday 18 July, we will be teaming up with pharmaphorum for a free round table discussion on the theme of “A strategic partnership: what role for pharma in a changing NHS?” The round table will explore the link between pharma, the NHS and improved patient outcomes.
Inviting comments from leading figures in healthcare, the panel will discuss the changes that are going to be taking place in the NHS, following the official roll-out of Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) on April 1.
This free-to-attend half-day conference will explore how the industry can work with a fast-changing health service:
- Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) are taking on powers to commission across primary, secondary and social care. How should pharma respond to this new agenda?
- How can a post-Brexit life sciences industrial strategy fit together with the NHS Five Year Forward View?
- The clinician’s perspective: meeting patient needs and introducing new medicines in a restricted budget environment
Anyone working in the UK pharmaceutical industry who needs to keep abreast of the changing NHS environment should attend, to hear directly from NHS, industry and other key stakeholders.
Please note that this agenda is likely to be updated as we monitor election results, and additional speakers will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
The event, which will be held at Central Hall, Westminster, is taking place on Tuesday 18 July. Registration and coffee will be available from 9am, discussions will commence at 9.45am, and there will then be an optional lunch and networking opportunity until 14.00.
- Registration and coffee: 9.00 am – 9.45 am
- Introduction: 9.45 am – 10.00 am
- Discussion 1: 10.00 am – 11.00 am
- Q1: NHS overview – where are we now?
- Q2: STPs are taking on powers to commission across primary, secondary and social care. An update on the national progress of STPs. How should pharma respond to this new agenda?
- Q3: How can a life sciences strategy fit together with the Five Year Forward View?
- Q4: The clinician’s perspective: meeting patient needs in a budget-restricted environment
- Questions from the audience
- Coffee Break: 11.00 am – 11.15 am
- Discussion 2: 11.15 am – 12.35 pm
- Q1: Health in the time of Brexit: how can the NHS and pharma adapt and thrive?
- Q2: Improving patient outcomes in cancer
- Q3: A new deal on pricing, access and value: can the UK make the leap?
- Questions from the audience
- Summing up: 12.35 pm – 12.40 pm
- Complimentary networking lunch: 12.40 pm – 2.00 pm
- Close: 2.00 pm
Our expert panel confirmed so far, includes:
- Dr Philip Schwab, Director of Government Affairs, Abbvie
- Richard Murray, Director of Policy, The King’s Fund
- Dr Deepak Jadon, Consultant Rheumatologist and Director of Rheumatology Research Unit at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
- Eric Low, Consultant and former chief executive of Myeloma UK
- Sue Thomas, Chief Executive Officer, Commissioning Excellence at Wilmington Healthcare
- Paul Midgley, Director of NHS Insight at Wilmington Healthcare
The panel will be chaired by Andrew McConaghie, Managing Editor at pharmaphorum.