Don’t miss your chance to quiz a medicines optimisation lead on the most important issues facing medicines in the NHS today.
- How do you target the new medicines decision makers?
- How do you get your therapy on their agenda?
- What new funding mechanisms are in place to support new therapies?
- How should industry navigate efficiency in prescribing?
- What impact is decision support software having and what other factors are influencing prescribing?
Industry is facing challenges over targeting and segmenting the current NHS landscape for medicines. A variety of different variables operating on decision makers means your value proposition needs to be increasingly sophisticated.
Join Steve How from Wilmington Healthcare and Ben Woodhouse, head of medicines optimisation at Bolton CCG as we explore two important areas:
- How finance is being re-arranged in the new model NHS and how you can alighn your offering.
- What variables affect medicines funding and prescribing and how you can navigate them.
- Gain insight into the new key decision-making units in medicines in the NHS and how to access and influence them
Understand the latest changes in NHS budgetary and financing systems which will impact medicines funding
See what variables are affecting medicines optimisation and prescribing, with examples, including progress against efficiency and the impact of decision support software
Hear from NHS insiders on their decision-making process and what will make an innovative value proposition for your therapy in the new model NHS
10.15 Session 1: The state of the prescribing landscape
- What challenges does industry face when securing funding for medicines?
- Who are your stakeholders now, how are they arranged, and how do you target them?
11.00 Break and refreshments
11.15 Session 2: Key developments in medicines funding
- The changing face of medicines funding (NHS)
- Accountable care and medicines funding
- New budgetary models and capitated funding
12.00 Session 3: What factors affect prescribing now?
- Progress against efficiency in prescribing
- Decision support software: who is using it, what are they using, what impact is it having and how best to engage with it?
- Other variables: incentive schemes, rebates
- Medicines optimisation
- The role of the practice pharmacist
12.45 Summary and Q & A session
Bookings are taken on a strictly first come, first served basis, and numbers are limited to 50.
For further information please contact the Wilmington Healthcare events team on 01892 752407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.