This one day specialist event will provide an up to date ‘where are we now’ with the implementation of Lord Carter’s recommendations and examine how these will impact on you selling to the NHS.
A year on from his review into productivity and effectivity, the recommendations for NHS procurement are quickly taking shape.
His overall aim – a reduction of at least 10% in non-pay costs delivered across the NHS by April 2018 and increased transparency of prices from Trust to Trust.
Join current and prospective suppliers to the NHS and you will:
- Discuss the current procurement landscape: the challenges and opportunities of the Carter challenge
- Hear the NHS Improvement vision for healthcare providers
- Understand how NHS procurement is developing and moving forwards
- Hear from a number of NHS Trusts on how they are implementing the Carter recommendations and modernising their practices
- Learn about the NHS procurement family and routes to market and how they will need to make efficiency savings
- Hear about the work of London Procurement Partnership
- Get insights into working locally with a NHS Trust
- Examine national benchmarking and cataloguing systems
- Supplier credentialing – what is needed and where
Gain insider insights and top tips from expert speakers at the heart of NHS procurement. They will take you through the changes and advise on how best to continue to sell into the NHS.
Who should attend?
NHS suppliers, especially those with a responsibility for:
- Account management
- Bids and proposals
- Business development
- Customer engagement
- Healthcare partnerships
- Market access
- NHS liaison
- Regional NHS territories
- Strategic engagement/partnerships
Chair: Helen Lisle
Director of Procurement and Supplies
Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust;
Health Care Supply Association
NHS London Procurement Partnership
Salford Royal Hospitals NHS Trust
Key Account Manager
West Midlands Coastal Academic Health Science Network
Wilmington Healthcare and Conventus reserve the right to change the agenda and/or speakers at any time.