This is a must-attend event for those providing a specialised commissioning product or service in England. Join us to find out how specialised commissioning is changing, its impact on industry and what you should do about it now.
Specialised commissioning is changing. Here’s how:
- The introduction of sustainability and transformation plans (STPs) is redefining the provision of specialised commissioning – pilots on future service provision are underway in four STP areas
- Decisions are being made as to which services remain in NHS England’s portfolio and which will be divested to CCGs
- A new specialised services strategic framework has been announced
- The Clinical Priorities Advisory Group (the main advisory body in NHS England), clinical reference groups (CRGs) and the six programmes of care have been redefined
9.00 Arrive and register
9.30 Introduction and NHS refresh
- An overview of the current system
- The NHS in England – what goes where?
- Where does specialised commissioning fit in?
9.45 Session 1: What is specialised commissioning and who is in charge?
- The role of the Department of Health
- NHS England and its advisory committees – decision-making
How is specialised commissioning organised?
- The specialised commissioning hubs
- The clinical reference groups and programmes of care
- The range of services
10:30 Session 2: Specialised commissioning – policy and reform
- The Five year forward view
- Sustainability and transformation plans – taking control of specialised commissioning
- NHS England’s strategic framework for specialised services
11.30 Session 3: How much does specialised commissioning cost?
- £15bn to £1bn?
- Overspending from year-one
- Managing the budget – rationalisation and efficiency gains
12:00 Session 4: Viewpoint from the NHS
Understanding the real-world impact of changes to specialised care and the wider NHS – a viewpoint from the NHS
Steve Atkinson, Associate Director for the Surgical Business Unit and maternity services, Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
12:45 Summary and next steps
Download the agenda here.
Bookings are taken on a strictly first come, first served basis, and numbers are limited to 50.
For further information please contact the Wilmington Healthcare events team on 01892 752407 or email@example.com.