Preparing your business for the Future Operating Model that will transform the NHS supply chain.
Ticket price: £399 + VAT. All attendees receive a free copy of our NHS Guide 2018.
This event will also be hosted in Birmingham on 25 April
2018 is a red-letter year for procurement in the NHS, with the introduction of a new and greatly expanded supply chain contract and Lord Carter’s ideas becoming policy – the so-called ‘Future Operating Model’. Additionally, significant structural changes are affecting purchasing in the NHS.
STPs and ACSs, new procurement towers and aggregate purchasing will all affect your territories, points of sale and sale opportunities. Alongside these changes, new cost-control measures brought about by greater price transparency and a system-wide efficiency drive make the procurement landscape ever more challenging to negotiate.
This one-day event explores what is happening in NHS procurement and what you need to do to about it now to understand and take advantage of the new procurement market.
Benefits of attending:
- Access intelligence on how NHS procurement will transform once the Future Operating Model goes live so your business is full prepared
- Gain insight from NHS leaders on the policy initiatives such as the Carter Review and GIRFT that are changing the way the NHS does business
- Interact with procurement experts from the NHS and business world to make sure your specific questions are answered
- Acquire a comprehensive overview on the changing NHS procurement landscape by investing just one day out of the office
Download the full programme and speaker line-up >>
How structural changes to the NHS will affect your current procurement processes
- Gain an understanding of how the NHS procurement geography is radically altering so you’re up to speed on the latest developments
- Find out who your new customers are in STPs and ACSs
- Learn about the new points of sale for your product and how this affects procurement processes going forward
Understanding the regulatory role of NHS Improvement and what it means for your customers
- Find out why NHS Improvement is a vital part of the system architecture in terms of procurement
- Learn how NHS Improvement is delivering the Carter Review and what impact this is having on NHS trusts
- Explore the model hospital toolkit and learn how the data from it is being used at a trust level
Panel Discussion: Exploring the business implications of Lord Carter’s review into efficiency
- Take part in a discussion to find out what progress has been made in implementing the Carter Review
- Hear first-hand what implications the review has had on NHS trusts and their suppliers
- Get insight into what opportunities could be derived for suppliers from the Carter Review
Getting it Right First Time (GIRFT): What role suppliers can play in reducing unwarranted variation
- How Getting it Right First Time (GIRFT) is reducing unwarranted variation and what this means for procurement of services
- Hear how the original pilot programme is being rolled out to more than 30 medical specialities and what cost savings this is anticipated to generate for the NHS
- Get advice on how your organisation should engage and could benefit from close alignment with GIRFT recommendations
The Future Operating Model (F.O.M) for NHS Procurement: What this means for your business
- How will the Future Operating Model (F.O.M) affect tendering and procurement processes for NHS suppliers
- Get insight on how the 10 procurement towers will operate so you have a greater understanding of how your organisation can do business with the NHS
- What are the expectations for the new procurement framework and how are suppliers being engaged on the new process
How Academic Health Science Networks can help your business
- Hear how AHSNS can provide you with the link between cutting edge patient pathways and the health economy
- Find out what support the AHSNs can offer if your organisation finds itself blocked from the procurement towers
- Get insight on who the gatekeepers are and how to break a high value product into the NHS with AHSN support
What the new procurement landscape means for your customers in the NHS
- Get the inside track on how an average trust will adapt to new procurement rules
- Will the new procurement towers become a threat to your business?
- Learn about the solutions and alternatives that are available outside of the Future Operating Model (FOM) framework
- Howard Blackith, Programme Director for the Procurement Transformation Programme, Department of Health
- Mark Gronow, Regional Head of Procurement (South), NHS Improvement
- Douglas Findlay, Co-Chair of the Oxford Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) Patient Experience Operational Group
- Oli Hudson, Business Innovation Consultant, Wilmington Healthcare
- Alyson Brett, Chief Executive, NHS Commercial Solutions
- Anna King, Commercial Director, Health Innovation Network
- Rob Knott, Director of Healthcare and Public Sector, Virtual Stock
How to register
Wilmington Healthcare reserve the right to change the agenda and/or speakers at any time.
Delegate sales enquiries
Events Sales Team Leader
020 7608 9072
020 7608 9086